Tech-IMU V4 Series
IMU V4 series represents the lastest version of inertial sensors developed by Technaid. This series incorporates cutting-edge inertial technology inside compact inertial measurement units, allowing to collect kinematic, dynamic and orientation data accurately. It improves the overall performance compared to its predecessor V3 series.
Each Tech IMU integrates three different micro mems sensors, a 3D accelerometer, a 3D gyroscope and a 3D magnetometer. Their sophisticated and robust algorithms are designed to deliver accurate and reliable estimation of 3D orientation, even in changing environmental conditions and under other perturbations. They are the heart of our motion capture system Tech MCS.
Tech IMU CV4 represents the Technaid’s excellence approach to technology. On it, the most carefully designed electronics, for an extremely accurate measurement, is encapsulated inside the strongest and durable materials in order to obtain a robust and compact motion sensor, ready to perform efficiently whatever the circumstances are, even under water.
Lighter than CV4 version, Tech IMU V4 is delivered by default on each Tech MCS package. Its on-box-connection allows customization in order to fit user’s needs. It maintains the same high performance than Tech IMU CV4.
Tech-IMU Interface Options
Designed to be used on embedded systems or specific proprietary platforms, where a standard CAN communication protocol is needed. Not compatible with Tech MCS.
This interface option is specially designed to take advantage of the optimized communication architecture of Technaid’s Motion Capture System. All Tech MCS packages work with this interface option.
The easiest and fastest way to begin your motion capture project. No matter what your project consist on, this universal communication interface allows you to record 3D inertial information directly on your PC.
Inertial Measurement Unit Specifications
Tech-IMU V4 and CV4 Features
• Very Light and Robust
• Tech-IMU V.4 Weight: 10 gr.
• Tech-IMU CV4 Size (LxWxH): 36x26x8 mm.
• Tech-IMU CV4 Weight: 14 gr.
• Built in a Compact Solid Body for Waterproof Applications (Tech IMU CV4)
• Current Consumption: 70 mA
• Output Rate Frequency Up to 500 Hz
• Internal Update Rate to 1000 Hz
• Angular Velocity: ± 2000 °/s
• Angular Velocity: ± 34.9 rad/s
• Resolution: 0.06 °/s
– 3D Accelerometer
• Acceleration: ± 4, 8, 16 g.
• Acceleration: ± 39.22 – 156.88 m/s2
• Resolution: 0.122 mg
– 3D Magnetometers
• Magnetic Field: ± 8.1 gauss
• Magnetic Field: ± 810 μT
• Resolution: 0.092 μT
• 3D Angular Velocity RAW Data at 16 bits
• 3D Magnetic Field RAW Data at 12 bits
• 3D Physical Data (Calibrated)
• 3D Orientation in Quaternions
• 3D Orientation in DCM (Direct Cosine Matrix)
• Physical and Orientation Data Simultaneously
• Dynamic Accuracy: 1.0 degrees RMS
• EKF Algorithm for Accurate and Robust 3D Orientation
• Immunity Algorithm to Magnetic Field Perturbations
• 2 Points of Temperature Control
• Gait Analysis
• Sporting Performance Study
• Avatar Animations and Mocap Studies
• Video Games
• Autonomous Robot Navigation
• Aquatic Environments (Tech IMU CV4)
• Straps in S, M and L Sizes
• Customizable Plastic Adapters
• International Guarantee for Manufacturing Defects
• Adaptable to Customer Specific Needs (customization)
• Specialized Technical Support
• Support for Customer Applications
• User Technical Information
Inertial Technology Applications
Tech IMU V4 series is suitable for multiple purposes. With a robust version, Tech IMU CV4, and a lighter version, Tech IMU V4, many different tasks are covered by their technology.
In robotics area, Tech IMU provides the needed orientation data in order to control the robot movements, no matter what kind of robot we are talking about. On humanoid robotics, Tech IMU performs as the vestibular system of the robot, assisting the control architecture to maintain balance. On unmanned vehicles, the Tech IMU will provide the orientation needed to guide the robot on the surface to go through.
For the Geo Engineering area, Tech IMUs are useful on geotechnics and geophysics applications due to their stability and accuracy. Civil engineers could take advantage of V4 series’ high capacities too.
As researchers, we are aware of the complexity of engineering projects, for this reason our team would be at your disposal to assist you on the implementation of our technologies in your developments.